06 Jul Ways to Treat Herpes
In order to help the large number of people suffering with unwanted herpes symptoms, Herpes Treatment Site has created a list of the 4 most popular ways to treat herpes and relieve unwanted symptoms.
- Herbal Herpes Treatments: These herpes treatments over the counter are made using antiviral ingredients found in nature and backed by clinical study.
- Prescription Drugs: These physician-prescribed medications can be effective, but are costly and are associated with a large number of unwanted side-effects.
- Topical Creams: Lotions and creams are usually less effective than antiviral oral products.
- Home Remedies: Certain herpes treatments at home can help to soothe symptoms, but do not prevent future outbreaks or encourage the healing of current outbreaks. Popular home remedies include:
- Taking a Warm Bath
- Cleansing with Soap and Warm Water
- Coating with Baking Soda/Cornstarch
- Soothing with Ice
- Applying Milk
Comparison: 4 Common Ways to Treat Herpes
“Although there is no known cure for herpes, there are treatments for the outbreaks. There are oral medications [which] prevent the virus from multiplying and even shorten the length of the eruption. Although topical (applied directly on the lesions) agents exist, they are generally less effective than other medications and are not routinely used. Medication that is taken by mouth […] is more effective. It is important to remember that there is still no cure for genital herpes.
Since the initial infection with HSV tends to be the most severe episode, an antiviral medication usually is warranted. These medications can significantly reduce pain and decrease the length of time until the sores heal, but treatment of the first infection does not appear to reduce the frequency of recurrent episodes.
Finally, suppressive therapy to prevent frequent recurrences may be indicated for those with more than six outbreaks in a given year.”
If you are infected with HSV 1 or 2 and are looking for the best ways to treat herpes, Herpes Treatment Site strongly recommends using a natural herpes treatment to deal with your symptoms. An herbal product made with antiviral ingredients found in nature can prevent recurrent herpes outbreaks without the side-effects and high cost of medications. And not only are these ingredients completely safe, they are more effective than their prescription counterparts.
Share the best ways to treat herpes with others by clicking the TWEET button above.